Everything you need for your next project
Nearly out of yarn? Need another set of needles for your next project? Running low on stitch markers or tapestry needles? Or are you looking for the perfect pattern book?
Try one of these terrific online shops to fit all your knitting needs. No need to go running around the Internet — the best are all right here!
The following banners and links are affiliate links; if you make a purchase after clicking, I may make a commission. For more information, you can read my Disclosure Policy.
Throughout this site, you may find Amazon ads within blog posts. These ads contain products relating to the post and products that I think may help you with whatever you’d like to knit. Below you’ll find two sets of products: books helpful for those learning to knit, and books with knitting patterns that are ideal for customization to create your own special projects.
Leisure Arts offers a great selection and terrific prices on yarn. Leisure Arts also offers knitting needles, notions, and a terrific supply of knitting pattern books. You can find many other crafting supplies as well!
Some Leisure Arts Products You’ll Love
Lion Brand has long made a name for itself as some of the country’s best and most affordable yarns. They add new lines to their selection all the time. You’ll find everything from inexpensive and easy-care acrylic to more luxurious (yet still well-priced) merino, alpaca, cashmere, and much more.
Some of My Favorites from Lion Brand
- Vanna’s Choice: One of my all-time favorite worsted weight acrylics; it’s soft and luxurious-feeling, and it comes in a wide array of colors.
- Wool-Ease Thick & Quick: Wool-Ease worsted weight is wonderful as well, but I love the bulky yarn that combines the easy-care of acrylic with the warmth of wool. It’s fantastic for blankets.
- Scarfie: Just one skein of this acrylic-wool blend bulky yarn will be enough to knit a full-length scarf! You’ll love the variety of self-striping ombre colors, too.
- The LB Collection: For luxury yarn on the cheap, you can’t go wrong with the LB Collection. You’ll find exotic yarns like camel/merino wool and merino wool/yak/alpaca blends and fabulous plant blends like cotton/bamboo/linen and cotton/bamboo.
Take a look and see all the goodness Lion Brand has to offer in yarn!
Darn Good Yarn is a fair-trade online company devoted to paying good wages to yarnworkers and other artisans in India and Nepal. They offer beautiful handspun yarn as well as tools, other craft supplies, and already-made products like clothing, accessories, and home décor.
My favorite thing about Darn Good Yarn is their Darn Good Yarn of the Month club, where for just $10 a month (shipping not included), you get a beautiful skein of yarn. (You can also choose to receive 3 skeins for $25 a month.)
Great Choices at Darn Good Yarn
I think I’ve been a Knit Picks customer almost as long as the company has been in existence! I love the way this company works directly with yarn mills and manufacturers to offer great prices on truly wonderful yarn.
If you’ve ever believed that “the good stuff” costs too much for you to knit with, I’ll bet you’ve never tried Knit Picks yarn!
My KnitPicks Favorites
- Swish Worsted: This is, without question, my favorite superwash merino wool. It’s soft, it comes in a dazzling array of colors, and it’s ridiculously inexpensive. What’s not to love?
- Stroll: My favorite merino wool-blend sock yarn, for similar reasons to Swish Worsted: soft, fabulous colors, incredibly inexpensive.
- Brava Bulky: Need to knit an easy-care item fast? You’ll reach for Brava again and again.
- City Tweed DK: This yarn is heavenly. Its blend of merino and alpaca fiber makes it incredibly soft and warm, and the tweed is so appealing you’ll love knitting with it.
- All Knit Picks Wooden Needles: I’m especially partial to their circular needles, but every kind of Knit Picks wooden needles is a delight. Warm to the touch, utterly beautiful, cables (in circular needles) with very little memory, and a slick surface that allows easy knitting no matter what yarn you’re using.
With a vast number of British subscribers to Knitting Nuggets Newsletter and visitors to Knitting for Charity, I am pleased to now be an affiliate for Sirdar! They have some of the loveliest yarns I’ve ever seen, and I absolutely adore their hand-painted bamboo knitting needles and crochet hooks.
If you love to shop small businesses, Etsy is the place for you!
At Etsy, you can find handspun yarn of all varieties, as well as all sorts of hand-dyed yarn. You can also find a rich assortment of knitting needles in so many fantastic brands. My very favorite needle brands are Knitters Pride and ChiaoGoo, and yes, you can find them both at Etsy shops!
- ChaioGoo Needles: ChiaoGoo produces my absolute favorite aluminum circular needles. The cables have less memory than almost any other brand I’ve ever used. I also love the slightly brushed quality of the aluminum, which gives it a little more “stick” than most metal needles.
- Knitters Pride Needles: And Knitters Pride produces my very favorite wooden needles. My favorites are the Dreamz and Ginger series, but really, you can’t go wrong with this brand.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn: Oh, trust me, my friends. You will want to take a look at the most glorious selection of hand-dyed yarn available in one place on the Internet. You’ll fall in love!
In need of supplies? Help yourself to any or all of the stores listed here!